Friday, January 12, 2007

A f**king mess, Part Deux

It was very quiet until 3:30PM, then the you-know-what hit the fan:

1) I have a patient who is a retired dentist. She's a sweet old lady, but with a Russian accent (female version of Boris Badinov..must kill moose and squirrel). She's having an aneurysm about her Aciphex requiring a prior auth. from Medco (DIE MEDCO!!!!!!!!!!!). After multiple calls from us and her to the MD's office, and her 5th call today to me, I suggest she page MD on call and say it's a medical urgency. Turns out the MD was in surgery, and was interrupted about this. It was taken care of in 5 minutes.

2) I have a very good family practitioner down the street from me, and we send each other business. He is my actual primary care physician. So this new patient comes in looking for her prescriptions, but she doesn't know what they are. She informs me she's "moved here from California for the grand kids, and hates Florida!" Anyway after 20 minutes of trying to page the MD, he gets back and has no idea about this, the suddenly remembers Caduet and Tricor was ordered. One problem, I didn't have them in stock. Go to CVS they are now in Kal-ee-for-knee-uh.

3) I have a kidney transplant patient getting #90 25mg and #60 100mg Gengraf a month, and I make sure this is in stock. Today, I went to fill the prescriptions, and there was no 100mg. My dipsh*t partner had cleared out the part in the PDX computer to reorder. Had to order an extra 25mg box, as we will have to eat this. Smooth move, ex-Lax.

I still need a beer

Later taters
The Reel Deel

email me: thereeldeel@earthlink.net

No comments: