Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tonight's Episode: "Nutjobs Are Everywhere," or "Cardinal Distribution: The Evil Scum of Pharmacy."

Pick your topic. I was off since the last post, except for 2 days at another pharmacy in my chain in a city 60 miles away. Here's the gist of tonight's episode:

1) In addition to dealing with an older, yet nicer gentleman who would rather be fishing than practicing pharmacy, AND a floater who is not quite competent in retail (but yet an excellent MBA Hospital pharmacy management type) and the mess they create, I also have to deal with a new set of nuts, elderly Alzheimer's, etc. Tonight's capper is this schizophrenic who insisted I was having the bad day, instead of her and her voices in her head. Told her to "try and have a better day," she flipped out. After paying $20 for 10 generic Vicoprofen. Must be hooked.

2) Cardinal decided to "turn off a switch" at their local distribution center, and consequently, all of our chain's deliveries were not sent. That means all drugs owed instantly doubled. Luckily I have the day off tomorrow and above floater can deal with the mess.

On a lighter note, I went to a small pharmacy-only school in the Midwest. Sort of a high school more than a college (double secret probation and all). Anyway, a fella a year behind me lives down here in the town I was in, and we had time to talk about life, classmates, our hatred of the BS in pharmacy etc. He's an independent; told him I don't have the guts to do it. Remembrance of times of mullets, bad rock bands, etc.

Later taters
The Reel Deel

email me: thereeldeel@earthlink.net

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! We had double secret probation, too! The rule was, if you were on for two semesters, you were out the door. UNLESS your parents paid a healthy contribution to keep you in, of course. Or you were politically well connected, in which case you did not sit for the national boards, either. All exams were optional. Pick your state of practice.

The first thing the bio prof told us was that we were no longer in high school. But he never could explain why we had bells to mark the beginning and end of classes. Or why fraternity kids were allowed to cheat, but other people were thrown out for it.

Oh well. I don't send my old high school money, either. It will be a really cold day in a really hot place before my pharmacy school sees a check from me.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.