Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Season: The double-egded sword

Season. It's roughly the period between Christmas and Easter, give or take a couple of weeks. This is the time all South Florida pharmacies make up ground in volume and sales (and yet margins stay flat). It's also the time of 30-40 transfers per day, mostly to competitors up North, dealing with the seasonal snooty customers, longer waits on the Cardinal driver, etc. The past few day were no exception.

Now add in the Medicare Part D bulls**t. "Why is my co-pay so much," is the popular refrain, and yet since I am submitting the claim, I should have the answers. I print out the claims transmission info on a sheet of paper and have the customer look at it, but still the questions. My replies of, "we only transmit claims, we have no information on your plan," and, "you'll need to contact the toll-free customer service number on the back of your card," usually go with a blank stare. They do NOT teach us insurance in pharmacy school.

Why we are all not alcoholics I don't know. Next time: Why Cardinal sucks the big one.

Later taters
The Reel Deel

email me: thereeldeel@earthlink.net

No comments: