Thursday, December 21, 2006

Medicare: I wish I could go back in time and bitch slap LBJ

Now I know this will offend some Texans, but this monster is out of control!

In theory, this was a novel idea, but 40 years ago there were no ACE inhibitors, Rostiglizones, Synthetic insulin analogs, etc. There was no Viagra. You were lucky to live past 70. Medicare probably wasn't expected to handle the large volumes of people that are eligible.

Today, I was asked to bill a home blood pressure monitor for one of our regulars. Mind you, the discussion I tried to carry on with her, including that this was not a DME device, like syringes this ain't covered, yadda yadda yah. Nevertheless, the customer prompted me to try and bill it (without an Rx from the MD which took hours to get). She'll be in tomorrow and will be ever so disappointed.

On the upside, I left "anonymous" gift cards in Christmas cards to 2 ladies in our store. Our LP supervisor (nice rear-end) and the pharmacy recruiter (nice rack). Their both married, though. And since I've been through the workplace-extra-marital-affair experience before, I will not partake, no matter how much Viagra I have access to.

Later Taters
The Reel Deel

email me: thereeldeel@earthlink.net

No comments: