Sunday, December 24, 2006

Walgreens...not my most trusted drug store

(This all occurred Friday..been to busy Christmas shopping to get on the computer)

Ive' been a pharmacist for 15+ years now. In my many travels and many employers, Wags has not been one of them. It seems that during this period of a pharmacist shortage, the 8 resumes I've sent during my 15+ years have been ignored. Not one contact or interview. Maybe they are too good to hire me.

Well, let me tell you something, Walgreen's. You have s**t pharmacists and maybe I don't want to work for you. Not after today. You see, I had to deal with two of your pharmacists that are not poster children for your neighborhood, friendly pharmacist:

1) I had a customers who's doctor phoned in for Lantus Cartdridges and Humalog Flex-Pen, and I'll be damned if I didn't have them. I called the Walgreen's across the street. After a 25 minute hold, the pharmacist (a fill-in I presume) says "we don't give that information out to other pharmacies." I explained that if he did, he might get this business, but since the Publix nest door had it, the customer was on her merry way there instead.

2) Had a mom of a newborn want to transfer from this same Wags her baby's Cortef 5mg 1/4th tablet q8h #10 tablets (with instructions to crush, add to water, and put in baby's mouth). This was from a famous South Florida pediatric hospital, and I'm guessing that compounding was nixed by Wags, as that would be too hard for them to do. And also they have Florida Medicaid, and compounding a suspension may be out of the question.

Any way I call to transfer and get another hold-fest (thank you Drug Monkey for that term) for 20 minutes, and get another fill-in pharmacist who gives me the info (after I already typed it into the computer and got the refill-too-soon rejection). I ask how they billed it, they said 30 days supply for 10 tablets. I inform this simpleton that 10 tablets lasts 14 days, and they need to re bill it correctly, so that I can bill it correctly. Idiot sighed loudly, and said "you'll have to call Medicaid and fix it yourself. I'm too busy." Fine you little f**cker, I'll call Medicaid, then I'll call the Wags district office to make an already-ignored complaint. Which I did. After an hour, mom got her script for $0.00 copay.

I will work mail order before I work for Walgreen's. They are scum!

Later taters
The Reel Deel

email me: thereeldeel@earthlink.net

No comments: