Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year..yeah, happy. Right.

Just an hour away from 2007 and I'm already dreading Tuesday. Thank God were closed Monday. It was an eventful weekend:

1) The snowbirds are here en force. Filled 60 scripts on Saturday and 30 were out-of-state transfers. And I'll be dammed that most were maintenance meds I didn't reorder during the summer.

2) Got quite a few requests to "loan" a few pills to those who are in the donut hole, then bill in the new year. I told them this would jeopardize their fills for February as we would get the "refill too soon" reject, and they'll be S.O.L. I did leave 2 for the PIC, just to piss her off!

3) Had the sister of one our elderly customers come in today with 7 scripts, 3 of which I didn't have. One was Aranesp, which is mucho dinero. When I told the sister about the expense ($2300 for 4 pre-filled syringes), she nearly broke down in tears. She wanted to know why the "fly-by-night" nursing home and doctor didn't tell her this was expensive. I started the spiel about that's not their primary concern, they worry about treating patients conditions, etc. Since this customer is a Medicare Part D holdout, I told the sis to contact the attending MD for advisement on Aranesp, and handed her an AARP Medicare Part D brochure. Told her that she has til midnight to sing up.

4) There's a swamp town 40 miles away and we're the closest pharmacy to it. The daughter of one of our regulars from down there (pretty hot) brought her Mom's scripts in to fill. I had 4 of the 6. She said she went to 3 different CVS' and was given a wait time of 1, 2 and 3 hours. Had them done in 10 minutes. She winked at me as she left. I was aroused!

5) While doing the end-of-the-month C-II count (while the lights were out and the "Pharmacy Closed" sign was in plain view) I had several hecklers asking me where things were. I gave them the DrugNazi stare and proceeded doing my thing.

I love retail. I need a beer!

Later taters
The Reel Deel

email me: thereeldeel@earthlink.net

No comments: