Friday, December 29, 2006

What would you choose?

Continue working in a pharmacy where the bull-dike, self-centered , maniacal, egotistical pharmacy manager thinks of nothing but herself, the tech is quite a spaz with a short attention span, and where your customers are perpetuating a rumor that you will close because White-trash American Laziness MART will be opening up soon. Or, work at a pharmacy as the manager with an older, wiser, funnier pharmacist, a cool tech, a place where I only have to speak English, and a store manager with a personality and an idea of what running a retail store is all about. What would you choose?

My only hang-ups with transferring are these:

1) I've got a good customer base at my current store. In fact, most of them have told me they would rather deal with me than "that woman pharmacist." I'm hoping she's working with that recruiter that's been calling our pharmacy trying to pitch the Albertson's job that's been open for over a year.

2) I live 15 miles from my current store. The new store is 65 miles from my home. Instead of a commute of 20 min. during the summer, and 40 min. during the winter, I would be looking at 75-90 minutes during off-season, and God knows how long with these damned snowbirds.

I confronted the male-wanna-be yesterday about being scheduled every Sunday. She said, "it'll be good for your feet." Working every Sunday? Right, and your a lazy psychopath (the words of the Supervisor of your former employer, not mine). I should tell you I decreased from 40 to 30 hours a week because of her bullsh*t and this is an example of said bullsh*t. Instead of working a half day (5 hours) during the week, she wants me to work my 2 5 hours shifts per pay period on each Sunday. I told her, No, not working every Sunday. Working every other weekend like every other full-time pharmacist in this chain." She said she would change the schedule, but we shall see.

God, I need a beer!

Later Taters
The Reel Deel

email me: thereeldeel@earthlink.net

No comments: