Friday, December 15, 2006

A Potpouri of Crises Today

I knew today would be a bitch, cause we were slow for a Thursday. And then there was s**t I had to clean up from others:

1) My partner pharmacist, who herself is a pain in the ass, had the sniffles Wednesday and had the district floater work for her. She is somewhere between and idiot and a numb skull. She filled a script, didn't order the medicine, and , the piece-de-resistance, didn't leave a label. My full-time tech, who herself has the attention span of a crack baby, didn't recall this. Had to give an oweski, a $20 gift card, and many apologies.

2) The same "floater" (did you know s**t floats, too?) sold a customer his Protonix, but didn't put it in the bag. This floater works at a 300 scripts/day pharmacy, and we're at 60, but come on! Ya gotta pay attention, Dammit!

3) The Albuterol guy (from 14 Dec 2006) was back again, with his card from Standard Life. Surprise, surprise, that Medicare Part D plan was the same one that rejected, and the same plan that directed us to fill this under Medicare Part B. This took another 20 minutes out of my life, and again he walked away disgruntled.

4) I have this Cuban immigrant (don't get me started!) who believes she's God's gift to this earth, and wants everything 5 minutes ago. Wanted me to call her doctor at the very busy clinic/hospital for refills on routine meds of amitriptyline and ibuprofen. This was life-and-death to her. The doctor's nurse didn't want to cooperate til I put the patient on the phone, then she got chewed out! Got her refills after a 30 minutes wait, but out of amitriptyline.

God, I need a beer!!!!!

Later taters
The Reel Deel

email me: thereeldeel@earthlink.net

No comments: